is a Nigerian sportsbook that got established in 2016 and operates online. The Lagos State Lotteries Board has fully licenced them to operate and their main headquarters is on Victoria Island in Lagos. Even though they are somewhat just starting out, they have amassed an incredible reputation, thanks to the diversity of sports wagering options and generous promotions on offer. Plus, their website is completely accessible on smartphones and tablets for sports wagering action while moving.
The Good and Bad of Lionsbet
After completing the signup and Lionsbet login process, our website review revealed some likes and dislikes. Here’s a summary of what we discovered.
- Plenty of sports betting options
- Great welcome bonus
- You can withdraw your earnings quickly
- Round-the-clock customer assistance
- Live streaming isn’t available
- Choices for depositing and withdrawing are limited
Lionsbet’s welcome package is simply generous, as every deposit below ₦100,000 will be fully matched. There is a catch, though: wagering requirements are quite restrictive. You should ensure each betting slip that has bonus money staked has five options selected or greater, each with odds of 1.2 or greater.
Not a new customer? No problem. You will be glad to know that even regulars won’t miss out on the sportsbook’s generous offers. Here are some of them.
- FreeBet – Lionsbet’s regulars have a chance to be compensated by scoring a FreeBet. To acquire the free bet, amounting to ₦500, the wagers they make on games and three other markets – excluding Betman Games – in a week should go above ₦20,000. The FreeBet will expire in a week and can be used on either one match or Accumulator. Two FreeBets of ₦1,000 each can also be acquired if the bettor’s stake goes over ₦40,000. The least amount of odds needed for a FreeBet are 1.2 and wagering on sports games with your FreeBet makes the money from that wager guaranteed.
- Frequent Player Points – FFPs are virtual loyalty points you accumulate as you place wagers. You can redeem them to wager some more or withdraw them. To see how many FPPs you have accumulated, just navigate to your account info page. They are only redeemable and combined with your earnings when you have accumulated 1,000 or more. To start the process, click on “payout” and they will be converted to their Nigerian currency equivalent (1 FFP = ₦1). You can perform this action whether you’re using Lionsbet mobile or a PC web browser. To earn a point, you must stake at least ₦100 with odds of 1.2.
- Cashback – Naturally, you are going to lose a couple of wagers, and Cashback gives you an opportunity to recover a portion of them. Specifically, if your bet slip includes eight matches with odds of at least 1.3 – anything below 1.3 will not count. You must stake at least ₦100 (bonus funds don’t count) and you’ll get back 15% of the earnings you expected to win from the wagers you lost.
- Accumulator Boost – With this bonus, the sum total of your earnings is boosted. You just need to wager on three accumulated games, with each of them having minimum odds of 1.2. Void Events do not qualify for this bonus and will make the pay slip’s bonus different from the bonus that was wagered. Any draw-no-bet is also excluded from the bonus, whether it was successful or not.
Creating an Account on Lionsbet
If you’re new, you’ll have to create an account before accessing the Lionsbet login page. Luckily, this is a simple process. You just need to enter www.lionsbet.com into your address bar and once the page loads, click ”Sign Up”. Just follow the easy instructions and your account will be set up in no time. Once you fund your account, you are good and ready to start betting.
Live Betting & Live Streaming on Lionsbet
The live betting on Lionsbet is also top-notch. Every day, there are literally hundreds of markets that you can access, and you can follow the action in real-time with the graphic they have made available to you. Once you log in, you will be given a view of the current trending markets. The most trending markets are usually football, basketball and tennis – just to name a few.
Sadly, there is no live betting. Since the sportsbook is still in its infancy, we didn’t find this strange. Sadly, a casino is also not available, meaning you will have to go elsewhere for casino thrills. However, the sheer number of markets that you can bet on virtually is enough to provide wagering fun for hours on end.
Lionsbet Mobile App for Android or iPhone
If you are a mobile user, Lionsbet has you covered. Just enter the address into your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet and you will be directed to the Lionsbet mobile site. There are three ways in which the mobile site can be viewed, and these are:
- Latest Mobile Device Website: This is a responsive version of the PC website for users of the latest smart devices.
- Lionsbet Old Mobile: If your smartphone or tablet isn’t new, you need to choose this website. It has a basic look, sure, but you can get a lot of wagering done despite not being fancy.
- PC: Although this isn’t recommended, you’re able to load the entire desktop site on your smartphone or tablet. You can enjoy the whole desktop experience but there will be lots of scrolling and pinching.